Let’s face it. Life in quarantine is a challenge. The 24/7 negative news cycle is draining and our limited social interactions are leaving us feeling the stay-at-home blues. But you don’t have to break the shelter-in-place orders to brighten up your days. These five energy stones will help you thrive in quarantine!
- Green Malachite is the most popular energy stone for decreasing anxiety. It balances mood swings and anxious emotions and removes negative thoughts from the mind. Perhaps most importantly, it absorbs negative energies and pollutants, picking them up from the atmosphere and from the body. As you are cooped up inside your house, shed your anxiety and clear negative energy by keeping malachite by your side.
- Smoky quartz is a protection stone that can block geopathic stress and absorb electromagnetic energy given off by electronic devices, including cell phones! This is critically important as stay-at-home orders are increasing screen time! Keep smoky quartz near your phone or your computer to ward off negative energies. You can find smoky quartz as tumbled stones or natural points which look more like raw crystals. If you hold natural points toward the ground, it helps to release negative thoughts and energies into the earth for cleansing.
- Citrine is a stone of creativity, clarity and personal will. It carries the healing properties of the sun, which is needed as time outdoors is limited. Like a day in the sunshine, it is warm and comforting, clearing the mind and stirring the soul to action. With its pure yellow energy, it is a stone of new pursuits and fresh beginnings. It can work out problems and can transform negative thoughts and feelings into positive ones.
- Bloodstone is a stone of vitality, strength, passion and courage. It works to rebuild and restore the mind and body and is essential in healing your spirit to return to joy and vitality. It will keep you grounded, present and grateful. Stash this stone in your pocket on days when you need some extra motivation and energy. (so basically every day that you’re in quarantine!)
- Gray Agate helps us to walk through “the real world” with greater ease, acknowledging both the positive and negative forces that exist. It aids us in staying centered and reasonable, not giving into despair nor ignoring painful realities. If you need support in lowering your emotional reactions to the COVID crisis, keep gray agate near you throughout your day. Stay calm under pressure and in stay-at-home orders.
Source: “Crystals for Healing” by Karen Frazier, 2015